Friday, January 23, 2009

Swell Update Jan 23, 2009

Here's the latest on what's going on in the Pacific, and what it means for surf, weather, and winds headed to California.



For swell schedule with size, ETAs, winds and tides, check out my SoCal surf report at WetSand.com.

A few other things I thought worth mentioning...

* I started a new forecasting forum/message board for discussions, posts, etc. You can access the group by clicking here. You can join/post at the group's site; however, if you don't have a GMail account, you can join the group by sending a blank email to:

surf-forecasting-subscribe@googlegroups.com

...and post (or reply to posts) via email to the group (once you join):

surf-forecasting@googlegroups.com

Among the topics are a couple new posts and pages regarding omega and rex blocks. You can see those new pages on the blocking patterns here.

* If you haven't had a chance yet to take the surf survey, I'd really love to hear your feedback. I'm gathering as much data as I can to determine what kind of forecasts/services you'd like, and if I can't provide them here or in my forecasting group, then I'll present this to the new owners of WetSand (Sportnet/WMG). If you'd like to help, you can take the survey by clicking here.

* I added a new Swell Calculator to my WaveCast.com site. This will help in calculating arrival times of a swell, and can be accessed here.

* If you want to be notified when this video blog is updated, just use the "Free Email Report" form at the top right on this page.

That's all for now! Until next time, smile in the line-up, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment